Retro Electric Bike Urban Cruiser Ebike Adult Electro Bicycle
This type of electric vehicle is a means of transport that is gradually becoming very popular with two-wheeled users. Manufacturers are not lacking in ingenuity and offer a variety of models. Those with a retro look are more and more popular. Let’s discover the vintage electric bike and the criteria to consider for a good choice.
What Is A Vintage Electric Bike?
A vintage e bike is one based on designs most often dating from the 60s, 70s, or 90s. Each decade represents a specific vintage look enjoyed at the time and reimagined in a vintage electric e-bike. For example, vintage 60s electric bikes are based on cafe racer type motorcycles, while 70s represents fun bench seat bikes like the Lil’Buddy and Phatfour.
Vintage electric bikes from the 90s are based on the California Beach style, like beach cruisers. So if you want to buy a vintage electric bike, choose your favorite decade and your favorite motorcycle below!
These electrically assisted bicycles are consistent with our values: exceptional cycles, sleek, comfortable and providing real driving pleasure.
Why is the vintage look coming back into fashion?
The vintage look appeals to many cyclists because of its authentic , simple and clean style . It allows you to have the nostalgia of the good old days marked by the use of bicycles with particular shapes. This trend is popular because of the possibility of customizing electric bikes with retro accessories (leather saddles, handlebars, headlights, horns, etc.).
Advantages and disadvantages of vintage electric bikes
The vintage electric bike has the advantage of being a very practical means of transport in the city. It contributes to the reduction of car trips and represents a solution to avoid traffic jams. It is therefore an economical and efficient way to get to your destination more quickly.
The ease of pedaling does not prevent you from carrying out moderate physical activity, which is beneficial for your health . The electric bike also contributes to the protection of the environment since it produces almost no CO2.
However, the disadvantages of vintage electric bikes are mainly related to price. On average, a quality vintage e-bike costs $2,000 . In addition, its components (battery, motor) make it heavy and difficult to transport .
The different types of vintage electric bikes
Within the family of vintage electric bicycles, there are different types of bicycles.
- Urban electric bikes : facilitating city traffic, they offer an upright and comfortable sitting position. Their low step-over makes it easy to get on and off the bike.
- Electric cruiser bikes : in the fifties, they were called beach cruisers . Recognized for the elegance of their design and the particular shape of the tires, they offer a comfortable seating position. With the big tires, they can evolve on complicated terrains such as sand or mud.
- Vintage electric bikes: there are also mixed electric bikes . These “all-road bikes” are designed to ride over long distances and on all types of terrain. They allow you to vary the routes between the city and the hikes.
Secutronic ST-EBMR26 Retro Electric Bike Reviews:
What makes this bike unique?
The ST-EBMR26 Retro Chopper E Bike is inspired by the first motorcycles dating back to the early 1900s, as well as the Californian beach culture of the ’60s. This vintage motorcycle styling blends seamlessly with the latest engine and battery technology to create a fusion of retro and modern. With its rounded frame, high elongated handlebars, and low seating position, you’ll feel like you’re riding a motorcycle.
This bike comes with two speed options, the low speed mode has a limit speed of 20 mph, which allows you to use it on public roads, and go back to race mode 30 MPH on private land, to feel the power of this bike!
With the 400W powerful electric motor and 11.6 Ah lithium battery, you can go arround 30 miles with per charge.
A small sprint in the characteristics
- A unique retro electric bike design that impresses every passerby.
- The battery recharges while braking to optimize range and efficiency.
- Anti-theft functions such as motor lock at the push of a button, get full protection of your private property.
- Equiped with pedals ( without pedal assist mode).
- Bluetooth connectivity to your smartphone to check functions such as speed, battery, etc.
- Customize your bike with the color and accessories of your choice
The components in detail
The single battery is made up of 104 Samsung 18650 lithium cells, arranged in parallel and in series.
The Rear Hub Motor is by far one of the most advanced power units on the market.
The retro style electric bikes means a low seating position and high handlebars. This gives the bike a cool look both standing and riding, as the higher handlebars give a unique seating position. With leather grips, the handlebar looks a lot like that of a chopper motorcycle.
The retro ebike has an optional lighting system, in matching retro styling, with an extra-large headlight. This large headlight was designed on the model of motorcycle headlights. The ST-EBMR26’s lighting system is not only functional, it also adds a lot to the motorcycle style design and provides the finishing touch.